- My first PC was a 486 Tandy.And I thought it was fast and a good deal at two thousand dollars!
- My first internet connection came thanks to America Online.
- The first site I visited? Yahoo!
- My Mom proudly admits to stalking my Dad a bit before asking him out the first time. That's right, she asked him out. In the early 60's!
- I've cried at 2 rock concerts. When I saw Live in 1996 when they played Lightening Crashes and in 2005 when I saw Iron Maiden. They were happy tears, overwhelming tears of happiness. Not very Metal of me...I know.
- I have crazy vertigo and curl into a ball anytime I'm on a plane and it's landing. I'll never skydive, but I love flying. I love flying! And traveling! Take me to a beach for instant bliss.
- My brother is the only person on this Earth that can make me laugh until I choke on demand. He also looks like the lead singer of Alien Ant Farm and Syler (from Heroes).
- My first concert featured none other than Tiny Tim. It was at a circus and I was 8.
- My favorite gifts ever? 1. Janine 2. My iPod 3. My first 3 wheeler from my Dad. I own my country roots now!
- My best buddy just got engaged. I'm so happy for her and Sam and wish them a lifetime of insane happiness.
- I saw KoRn in early '95 before darn near anyone else and predicted their super stardom.
- I fell ill overnight before two very strange days. The day the Challenger exploded, and Sept 11, 2001.
- I lost some close high school friends to suicide. I'm unfortunately no stranger to death and loss to suicide.
- I was a part time disc jockey for two radio stations. I was fired from both jobs in glorious fashion.
- My first job? Trash collection.
- I have no desire to eat ice cream. My favorite dessert is a warm chocolate chip cookie or two and some milk.
- I was training to be a volunteer EMT. I burned out quick thanks to watching Darwinism in action.
- The best advice I ever got was from my Mom. "Seek yourself first and then everything else will be easier to find."
- I love a good peanut butter and bologna sandwich or an egg on a hamburger roll with jelly; both with sour cream and onion potato chips. Top that!
- I let someone put my hair in quasi dreads after high school. It ended up smelling like a dead rat and I had to shave my head! You can't just...undread.
- My biggest regret: Letting Mom and Dad down so much as a teenager.
- My first official car was a '74 Chevy Vega.
- I don't care for sleep. It just makes me groggy and feels like a waste of time.
- I didn't realize that I was a geek until I was 25. I fought it with a passion!
- I owe most of my tech knowledge to Leo LaPorte. Tech TV was my cocaine.
Monday, January 19, 2009
25 Things You May Not Know About Me
I have seen in some social circles online a meme of sorts where people list 25 things that most people did not know about them. I figured I'd take a minute and give it a shot. This was kinda hard for me. I'm really just simple and plain, really: