- Hospital food still tastes terrible.
- The gallbladder is a small non vital organ that stores bile.
- Removing said non vital organ is a pain.
- Removing said non vital organ suddenly without warning is more painful.
- Vicodin helps with the pain.
- Janine is a godsend.
- I'm fortunate to have such a loving family and good friends.
- I am mortal.
- I will make better use of the time I have.
So Saturday morning I woke up with what I thought was some crazy gas pain. I tried to treat that with the usual measures, but that only made me nauseous. As the pain continued to get worse, I finally let Janine take me to Patient First to get checked out. After all, I was just anticipating some kind of shot for gas or something...
Once I got to the doctor, and after a quick poke of my stomach, he immediately knew I needed to get checked into a hospital right away and get my gall bladder scanned. So I checked into the hospital and sure enough after a cat scan, I had an enlarged gall bladder that needed to go right away.
The rest is kind of hazy, I just mostly remember going to bed that night, prepping for surgery, and waking up with a really sore throat. I can remember being in pretty rough shape and having Janine there the whole time. I kept thinking this whole time that it's not fair to her if I don't start taking care of myself. I owe her many years as I can give her.
And I will pay up.
I got home this afternoon. Now to recover from my first surgery since my appendix was removed some 25 years ago. Hopefully that fulfills my surgery quota for one lifetime.